Monday 21 September 2009

Bernard Beckett talks about the cult, underground book that changed his life

When Bernard Beckett visited the Scottish Book Trust one sunny afternoon during the Edinburgh Book Festival, we asked him which book changed his life. We're nosy like that.
I must admit I wasn't expecting to be enticed into reading something I had never heard of before (and was never likely to have heard of otherwise), but Bernard managed it in under 3 minutes.

Watch him speaking and find out what I mean...



The book Bernard chose is called 'Sydney Bridge Upside Down.' by David Ballantyne and information about the book is elusive to say the least! The only listings online seem to be from large Australian libraries.

I'm all the most intrigued for that! I want to read it! Bernard, will you lend me your copy?

No comments:

Post a Comment